This Gardening Life

Friday, April 17, 2009

99 Cents ONLY!

Biker Boy loves the 99 cent store. On a casual Sunday afternoon last fall he convinced me to take a break from autumn planting season and come along to check out the bargains.

One of my old colleagues and friends from grad school days told me he bought all his cactus and succulents at the 99 cent store. Just repotted them and left them out somewhere in his orange orchard to grow unattended. He had apparently scored hundreds.

When I arrived at the 99 cent store and saw a rack full of said plants, I bought some. Maybe more than some. Very rewarding! Cheap plants and some nice 10 inch clay pots also for 99 cents each. (Not pictured here.) Must return for more. The little guys are growing and flowering. One of my weekly mow and blow crew said he loves to pass by the mini-collection because it reminds him of home. (Arizona) (sigh)

These are but a few... Sadly, they did not come with name tags.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home