This Gardening Life

Monday, April 20, 2009

Green Scene Booty

No, not that kind of booty! Think pirate booty, only for gardeners.

Green Scene at the Fullerton Arboretum looked to be another success judging from the number of members lined up before the 9 a.m. opening. I enjoyed seeing all those smiling faces full of expectation and willingness to spend their hard earned tax refund on more plants they don't need but must have.

Here are a few of my selections. The little aeonium was irresistible. It's flat as a pancake and needs shade.

Fullerton Beautiful's Annual Garden Tour
is next weekend. You can get tickets by going to the Horticulture Dept. at Fullerton College to pay $10 and get a map of the houses on the tour. Proceeds benefit the arboretum and various projects in Fullerton.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

  • If it is what I think it is, that plant in the back left, the tallish Lavandula-like one, is great. I've been buying them, and will buy more. I think it's native to Australia. The purple blooms are getting pretty big on mine - they have them at M&M for about $7.00. I can't find the name tag, so I don't know the name of the plant.

    By Blogger Legend in my own mind, at 11:48 AM  

  • I saw some at Roger's last Friday also. It's called Ptilotis "Platinum Wallaby" and is from Australia. Full sun, low water. It's planted in front now with some white bearded iris and Mexican Bush Salvia. I have high hopes!

    By Blogger Barbara, at 4:42 PM  

  • That's it, Platinum Wallaby. I've got it planted next to some Kangaroo Paw, getting an Australian theme going.

    By Blogger Legend in my own mind, at 2:19 PM  

  • Mine has opened up a bunch and looks really good with Mexican Salvia behind it, and that Australian bush that I always forget the name of...looks a bit like a grevelia, begins with an a.

    By Blogger Barbara, at 7:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home